A commercial building damaged by water, mold, or fire does not only mean additional expenses for your company. No matter the cause, this can also mean an indefinite disruption of your operations and a loss of business. Every day your doors are closed, you’re losing money.
Fortunately, there are different commercial restoration services in San Fernando Valley that you can hire for different situations. Understanding what these solutions include can help you get the assistance you need to resume your operations as soon as possible.
While no one expects emergencies and disasters to strike, there’s no harm in preparing. We go through the basics of the various commercial property restoration services available in the area.
Water Damage Restoration
Like residential properties, commercial buildings are susceptible to water damage from burst pipes, sewage backups, appliance leaks, or flooding. Issues like structural damage and mold can cause further disruption to your business if the affected area is not dried and cleaned immediately.
Generally, restoration companies begin by assessing the situation and noting two essential things:
- The Water Contamination Type: More steps are naturally required to address water damage from sewage backups and flooding than from leaky pipes.
- The Water Intrusion Class: If the water affects an extensive part of your building, more time and special equipment might be required to dry it out completely.
Understanding these two factors guides your water damage restoration team on the next steps.
Discovering mold in the same space where you work with your employees and meet clients is never pleasant. The contamination doesn’t simply make your business look unprofessional. You may also be forced to pause your day-to-day operations because of the health hazards it creates.
Mold removal experts in San Fernando Valley generally take the following steps to resolve commercial mold problems.
Inspection and Assessment
A careful inspection is done to locate the source and extent of the microbial growth.
Mold spores can be easily disturbed and released into the air, so professionals control the contamination as close to the source as possible.
Mold Cleanup or Removal
Affected non-porous and semi-porous materials that can still be saved are cleaned using special solutions. However, porous materials like drywall and paper products are typically unsalvageable and must be removed from the building safely.
All remaining surfaces and materials are cleaned and sanitized.
A reliable mold remediation company will also address your building’s moisture issues to prevent mold from returning.
Fire Damage Restoration
Fires are notorious for wrecking properties within seconds. For business owners like you, this may mean having your building’s structural integrity compromised and your crucial data and equipment damaged.
While every commercial property fire is unique, professionals usually do the following to restore buildings affected by fire damage:
- Assess the extent of the damage and board up windows, doors, and areas of the roof to secure the property.
- Remove standing water from the firefighting efforts to avoid mold.
- Remove debris and irreparable components.
- Evaluate subflooring, support beams, and other parts of the structure.
- Remove soot and clean smoke damage on walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Clean, sanitize, and deodorize the building.
With a fire and smoke damage restoration team that offers complete solutions, your building can become safe, stable, and healthy again.
Commercial properties also suffer significant damage when a storm or severe weather hits. If a recent natural disaster has affected your business, know that there are local companies that can help you get back on your feet.
For a smooth and swift recovery, it’s best to get assistance from commercial restoration services providers that offer the following storm cleanup solutions:
- Damage assessment and boarding up of the building
- Debris removal
- Roof repairs and replacement of doors and windows
- Utility line repairs
- Contents pack-out, restoration, and storage
- Furniture restoration
Deciding to rebuild your workplace or facility is never easy, especially considering how downtime can impact your productivity and revenues. In these difficult times, a restoration company that handles everything for you can help speed up the process and ensure timely project completion.
With full-service companies like Restoration 1, commercial reconstruction typically includes the following:
- Damage assessment
- Insurance claims assistance
- Debris removal and demolition of irreparable structures
- Repair and reconstruction work according to IICRC guidelines
- General contracting services management (may include electrical, plumbing, roofing, flooring, HVAC, and other services)
The Next Step: Finding the Best Commercial Restoration Services Provider in San Fernando Valley
With a fundamental understanding of these available restoration services, it’s a good idea to start looking for reputable restoration companies in the area. Having the right team means not having to worry about wasting your resources on delayed repairs or inferior workmanship. Ultimately, with their expertise and experience, recovering and reopening your doors can be as painless as possible.
For efficient and effective commercial restoration solutions in San Fernando Valley, please don’t hesitate to call Restoration 1. Our IICRC-certified technicians specialize in water, smoke, fire, and storm damage restoration and guide you through our straightforward process. Get expert help now!