First impressions are crucial. And when it comes to your business’s reputation, we understand that your corporate image and reputation are very important. So, if your building has experienced vandalism and graffiti recently–leaving it in an unsightly mess –chances are your company may experience a loss of business, decline in staff morale, and negative public perception. Don’t let this happen to your business.
Eliminate graffiti and other malicious damage as soon as it happens; this will benefit your business and make cleanup easier too. The best practice is to call in the experts to help with the cleanup, because you will need specialist equipment and products to get graffiti off different kinds of surfaces, and repairs and reconstruction may need to take place if you have been the unfortunate victim of vandalism.
Having your business property vandalized can be quite worrisome, what with the hassle of cleanup and the worry that further vandalism may occur. The first thing to do is call in a professional cleanup company to tackle the damage and repairs and quickly and effectively get your business looking as good as before.
Why Use a Reputable Company?
They have all the tools and experience that goes with general building repairs and restoration in severe vandalism cases. They may need to remove paint, food, and other waste before it gets to the stage of staining or permanently damaging your building’s surfaces. Your property may also need to be secured while repairs take place. Professional crews are trained at identifying the safest and most efficient vandalism cleanup and removal methods too. This means your property will be returned to normal quickly. And making repairs as soon as possible will prevent further damage from being made.
What usually happens after your property has been vandalized with graffiti – especially if it has been tagged – is that other taggers will follow, leading to even more graffiti and possible vandalism taking place. This is why it is essential to move quickly to get the graffiti professionally removed.
Why Use a Reputable Company?
Using a professional company is the best way to ensure the cleanup is handled quickly, deterring future graffiti and possible vandalism. Graffiti cleanup technicians have the tools and materials to remove paint from all sorts of surfaces. And they do it well. You don’t want to leave your walls in a worse state than before the graffiti happened.
Tips on Removing Graffiti Yourself
The objective is to clean the surface and ensure that you don’t destroy or damage it in the process.
- Identify the surface: Knowing what type of surface has been graffitied will help you choose your cleaning products correctly. You’ll find different chemicals and cleaners are needed for every kind of surface, such as metal, brick, stone, concrete, glass, etc.
- What graffiti paint was used: Was it spray paint, which is the most commonly used graffiti paint. Or was it markers, etching products, shoe polish, etc.? Each substance will respond better to a particular cleaning product.
- Removing the graffiti: You can paint over it, use chemical removers, or pressure wash it. Each of these has its own set of issues. For example, if you choose to paint over the graffiti, you have the problem of matching paint or repainting your entire building. This is why talking to the experts is highly recommended.
How Can you Stop Vandalism and Graffiti from Happening Again?
Here are a couple of suggestions that will make vandalism a little bit more difficult in the future.
- Increase the lighting outside of your building.
- Update your landscaping to include natural deterrents such as thorny plants and shrubs, making access to walls more difficult.
- Put up obstacles such as fencing or a controlled entry and exit point.
- Keep a reputable cleanup company on speed-dial for your next such issue. The quicker a cleanup crew can tackle the substance, the easier it will be to remove it.
How We Can Help
Restoration 1 teams are licensed and certified to perform cleanup and restoration after vandalism. Once you have given us a call, we will come and assess your property damage and provide you with a free estimate before beginning the cleanup and repairs. We offer professional solutions for both homes and businesses. Don’t waste time. Give us a call, and we’ll get your business looking professional again in no time.
There’s no need to handle things yourself with the inferior cleaning products and tools you have at hand. Instead, call your local Restoration 1 for 24/7 vandalism and graffiti cleanup. We’ll send a team of IICRC-certified experts straight away!