Within our line of work, the safety of our clients and our team has always been a top priority at Restoration 1. Now, more than ever, we need to continue to focus on staying safe and healthy. Here’s how Restoration 1 is continuing and increasing various safety precautions to protect our teams and customers:
How We Keep Our Restoration 1 Team Safe
1. Staying Informed and Up to Date
As a company, we are regularly monitoring updates from both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. By staying in regular communication with representatives from each organization, we can then filter the information and best practices through our own business, as well as to our clients.
2. Maintaining a Healthy Work Environment
Like most companies around the globe, we are embracing positive change within our workplace. The emotional and physical well-being of our employees is paramount and we have therefore implemented the following measures:
- Restoration 1 employees who can work remotely have and will continue to work from home until further notice.
- Our emergency and on-the-ground franchise team members are being monitored for their health and also the health of their families to ensure we are all being cautious during this time.
- Unwell staff members or those who have unwell family members are told to stay at home until they are fully recovered.
3. Practicing Excellent Hygiene
Naturally, all of our employees are adopting the best hygiene practices wherever possible at work and at home:
- Washing our hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water is not readily available
- Coughing and sneezing into the crook of the elbow
- Avoiding touching our mouth, nose and face
- Keeping a safe distance (6 feet is recommended) from other people
- Frequently cleaning high-traffic surfaces and areas within our office
How We Keep Our Clients Safe (And Our Team at The Same Time)
As we’ve mentioned before, safety is and will always be at the core of our business. While Restoration 1 already takes precautionary measures whenever possible, with the recent spread of infection and disease, we have put in place the following additional precautionary measures:
- While the initial call takes place, our customer service representatives will check if the owner of the property is unwell or any of its inhabitants or employees are unwell.
- If this is the case, we will request that a healthy individual meets with us upon inspection.
- Instead of shaking hands with our clients we will greet everyone with the friendly ‘elbow tap’ alternative.
- Restoration 1’s cleanup technicians are always dressed in fully encapsulated personal protective equipment with full-face respirator masks.
- As always, we properly handle hazardous and infectious biohazard waste, such as infected materials. The sanitizing products we use are both CDC and IICRC certified.
- Our team is certified by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Certification) and strictly adheres to the most up-to-date procedures and products when it comes to sanitation or disease cleanup.
Restoration 1’s Virus Disinfection & Sanitation Process:
Here’s how our highly trained Restoration 1 team will complete the Virus Disinfection & Sanitation process:
- Industrial-Strength Disinfectants: Restoration 1 uses approved CDC and EPA industrial-strength disinfectants to decontaminate and disinfect surfaces, objects, carpets, floors, walls, doors, and windows.
- Hard Surfaces Sanitized: The first step in the process includes sanitation being applied to accessible hard surfaces. This is then left to dwell for about 20 minutes, while it deep cleans and disinfects.
- Special Focus on High Traffic Areas: We especially focus on heavily sanitizing additional high touch areas like desks, computers, door and desk handles, and telephone handsets.
- UBL Fogger: Finally, our team of experts will do a final sweep through and use the disinfection process with a UBL fogger to get a lot of those areas that we can’t physically hand-wipe.
Restoration 1 Can Clean the Following Spaces:
- Homes and Apartments
- Hotels and Motels
- Offices and Buildings
- Schools and Daycares
- Restaurants and Bars
- Fire and Police Stations
- Police Cars and Service Vehicles
Is the space you need cleaned not on the above list? You can find our nearest location to you at https://www.restoration1.com/locations
If your home or work have been infected by a virus, or you are simply taking precautionary measures, Restoration 1 is ready to assist. Restoration 1 will work with you to help prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria and provide you, your family and your company with healthier environments.
Call Restoration 1 for all your Virus Disinfection & Sanitation needs today. We are available 24/7 to assist.
To find out more about COVID-19 and for the most up-to-date news, visit www.who.int.
*Cleaning and decontamination services effectively address immediate conditions, but no chemical or process eliminates 100% of all organisms.