Dealing with disaster recovery can really flip your life upside down. One moment everything is serene and you’re worried about what to wear to work tomorrow. The next, you’re racing about in complete chaos, combating water damage, fire and smoke damage, sewage backup, or flooding within your home. It’s too much to handle alone. You have too many possessions to rescue.
Do you know who has a disaster cleanup plan specifically for your home and possessions? Your local restoration company does. Using the most advanced restoration equipment and industry-leading techniques, your local Restoration 1 is a key part of reversing property damage and dealing with disaster.
When it comes to your prized possessions, we offer restoration and storage services that help to prevent further damage to your goods.
The Disaster Recovery Process
When it comes to disaster recovery, the right process can make the coming days easier. Knowing the process and how certified restoration technicians can help is key.
- Step 1: Emergency Contact — It all begins with you. Despite all of the chaos and frantic cleaning, take a moment to pick up the phone and call your local restoration company for 24-hour disaster cleanup services.
- Step 2: Assessment — In order to provide sure results, the restoration team will need to perform a thorough assessment of the damages. Then, they’ll have a clear route in mind and provide you with a comprehensive quote.
- Step 3: Mitigation — Depending on the type of property damage, there may be continuous damage or contamination spreading quickly. It’s important to mitigate the damage by treating the source, sealing the area, cleaning standing water and airing out the property.
- Step 4: Cleanup — Again, depending on the damage you’ve experienced, the cleanup phase may vary. Essentially, contamination will be thoroughly cleaned, your possessions will be salvaged and restored, and said items will be brought to our storage facility for safe-keeping.
- Step 5: Restoration — Finally, any damage to the structure itself, including drywall, flooring, cabinets, etc. will be repaired and restored thoroughly.
How to Save Personal Treasures
- If any of your possessions are still wet, rinse gently with clean water (depending on the item). If the item is dry, remove any silt or foreign materials using a slightly damp cloth.
- Whenever possible, air-dry wet objects indoors. The sunlight is often too intense and can promote mold growth or damage coloring and materials.
- Floodwater is highly contaminated. It contains loads of bacteria, viruses, parasites and debris from whatever storm dragged it all up. If you must go into floodwater, use protective gloves, goggles and boots.
- Any fabrics or textiles should be cleaned of mud or debris by gently using clean water. Gently press out any excess water using your hands, but do not wring out water.
- For wooden objects, use a damp sponge and blot the material, then let it slowly dry.
No matter the disaster, no matter the damage, your local Restoration 1 is here to help with 24/7 disaster recovery and cleanup process. Call your local Restoration 1 at any hour for relief against flood damage, fire damage, sewage backups and more.