As we get ready to say goodbye to 2020, many of us will be happy to see the end of the year that the Coronavirus pandemic swept across the globe. While things are looking better in some parts of the world, and a vaccine is on the horizon, life as we know it has changed forever.
Much like Restoration 1, many small and large businesses have had to make considerable changes in how we operate. And, these changes are here to stay for the foreseeable future. Here, we wanted to share how we will continue to make safety our top priority within the property restoration field.
As always, our team and our client’s safety are at the core of our business. Following the WHO guidelines, we have constructed the following steps to highlight how we will continue to keep our teams and clients safe as we head into 2021.
Restoration 1’s Safety Protocol Recap
- If any Restoration 1 employee feels unwell or is experiencing any COVID symptoms, they are to stay home. If they experience these symptoms at work, they are to go home immediately. The branch will then be notified, and their direct team will be alerted of the situation.
- If any Restoration 1 employee has been exposed to COVID, they are to stay home and isolate for ten days. We have set up each of our employees to work remotely, which means they can still work with clients over the phone while sending other technicians out.
- Each Restoration 1 branch will continue to encourage the strictest in-office hygiene practices such as washing hands regularly and sanitizing equipment and various high-touch surfaces. Employees will continue to cough and sneeze into the crook of the elbow and maintain safe social distancing at all times.
- Over the phone, Zoom and FaceTime meetings will always take preference over in-person meetings where possible. Each person coming into each of our Restoration 1 offices will be provided with alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and their temperature will be taken before entering the building.
- Before meeting with any of our clients in person, we will check to see if they (or any of their family members) have been unwell. If our clients have not been exposed to the virus and have no symptoms themselves, we will schedule an appointment. Of course, we will still continue to greet with friendly elbow tabs instead of handshakes.
- Our Restoration 1’s cleanup technicians are always dressed in fully encapsulated personal protective equipment (PPE) with full-face respirator masks. Our vehicles are also cleaned and sanitized regularly in-between each shift. When tools and equipment are shared, they will be cleaned with disinfectant between each use.
As the state of the pandemic changes, we will continue to discuss, update, and modify all of our safety protocols both at our office and our restoration sites. As we receive new information and guidelines via WHO, we will adjust each of our steps accordingly. Plus, we will continue to communicate these changes to our team and clients as and when they take place.
You Can Always Count on the Experts
As we are in the business of COVID clean-ups, we have a responsibility to deliver the effective, efficient, and professional service that so many of our clients have experienced over the years. We promise to continue to follow these protocols with the strictest standards so that we can bring you our best teams and create the safest property restoration environments possible.
Restoration 1 offers COVID clean-up to schools, colleges, offices, doctors rooms, restaurants, shops, and warehouses, to name a few. You name it; we can clean it. If your home or work has been impacted by a virus, or you are simply taking precautionary measures, Restoration 1 is here to assist.
How Does Restoration 1 Complete a Virus Disinfection & Sanitation?
- Our team is certified by the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Certification) and strictly adheres to the most up-to-date procedures when it comes to disease clean-up
- Restoration 1 uses the approved CDC and EPA industrial-strength disinfectants to decontaminate and disinfect surfaces, objects, carpets, floors, walls, doors, and windows
- We properly handle hazardous and infectious biohazard waste, such as infected materials
Restoration 1 will work with you to help prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria and provide you, your family, and your company with healthier environments. Call us today for all your Virus Disinfection & Sanitation needs today. We are available 24/7.