Related

Toxic Mold

The cases of toxic mold related health issues and cases are on the rise. It has been steadily rising since it was first discovered in the 1930’s. Since then, it has been associated with everything from the mysterious deaths of farm animals in Russia to the deaths of children and adults in the modern world. Now normally we think that if there is mold we’ll notice it. We’ll notice a smell, we’ll notice a pungent stench, and we’ll notice something. But with toxic mold, sometimes we just ignore or accept the smell and we get used to it, and sometimes the smell is not there. Toxic mold is basically a more advanced form of mold that develops because of standing water buildup or otherwise simple things.

Toxic mold has been associated quite commonly with allergies and flu related symptoms. Many experience irritation of eyes, nose, throat, and lungs, and many have found asthmatic symptoms to also be quite common. Once toxic mold is in your house, it is in every bit of air, and therefore even if you’re not right by it, you can be affected. It produces mycotoxins and thus, all molds can actually be toxic mold.

Toxic mold has been known to cause fibromyalgia, respiratory distress, coughing, sneezing, sinusitis, difficulty swallowing, choking, vomiting, mucus, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, burning in throat and lungs similar to acid reflux, wheezing, shortness of breath, coughing, burning in lungs, irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, diarrhea, sharp abdominal pains, stomach lesions, bladder, liver, spleen, kidney pain, dark or painful urine, dirt like taste in mouth, coated tongue, food allergies, altered immunity, vision problems, swollen lymph nodes, large boils on the neck, yellowing of nails, anxiety, depression, heart palpitations, chronic fatigue, easy bruising or scarring, rash, hives, bloody lesions, sudden weight changes, cancer, joint pain, seizures, and in extreme cases death.

To say the least, these symptoms of toxic mold are extremely disturbing and it’s not something to be taken at all lightly. Toxic mold can literally affect every part of your life and livelihood, especially when starting early with children. It is truly impossible to know exactly how much damage toxic mold can do if left undetected and untreated. There are some types of mold that are more toxic than others. But if you have flooding or other leaking water problems, it is important to test for toxic mold. Some even test at random with no known water leaks or problems.

The test to assess the air quality is simple. They simply take an air sample from both outside and inside and assess it for the presence of toxic mold or mold of any kind. As you can see, it is worth it to take a simple test. At Restoration 1, we provide this service with qualified professionals, and we provide the best ways to address the problem should you need the help. If you have toxic mold, we have the right tools to eliminate it to help you to protect both yourself and your family. Please contact us for more information and pricing.