Prolonged exposure to mold is extremely dangerous to your health, which
is why it's important to remediate before things get worse. Read more
on some of the health risks involved with untreated mold in your home,
from Active Beat:
When mold has colonized in or on a porous material such as drywall, wood,
paper, or furniture the mold spores are often deep inside the material.
Using bleach will temporarily make the surface look clean but in a short
time the mold will come back even stronger. Bleach cannot pass beneath
the surface of porous materials, whereas the water in the solution soaks
right in, feeding the mold and bringing it back with a vengeance. We have
seen numerous homes where someone tried to remove mold using bleach or
another Do-It-Yourself method where after a short time mold has grown
back and you can see the old wipe marks.
Restoration 1 uses equipment and antimicrobial designed for mold removal,
mold clean up and mold remediation.
Black mold is “toxic”
There is no “toxic” mold, some mold can be toxigenic. If a
toxigenic mold is growing and releasing spores into the air, it can create
unhealthy air quality that affect members of the household. Black mold,
also known as Stachybotrys, is one of the most well-known toxigenic molds
associated with health issues. The spores will also contaminate other
areas of your home by latching onto other household materials.
The equipment and tools we use help prevent further cross contamination.
If it is black, it is Black Mold
Mold will grow in a variety of colors (yellow, green, brown, white and
black), shapes and textures. Mold black in color does not necessarily
mean it is Stachybotrys.